Thursday, February 2, 2012

#5 News Log: Immigration

          The issues on illegal immigration have recently been increasing in the US.  Like many other illegal immigrants, Amelia Reyes Jimenez was deported for immigration violations.  Giving birth to 4 children in America, she was heartbroken when she found out that her children would be taken away from her and sent to foster care.  Each year thousands of children are separated from their undocumented immigrant parents.  The kids wind up in foster care and eventually may even be adopted by US citizens, while their parents are either deported or held in federal detention centers.  Due to her unlawful actions, Jimenez has lost parental rights by an Arizona judge.

          Illegal immigration is a very touchy topic for many people.  I feel that most immigrants don't realize the consequences of their actions when they come to America illegally.  I understand that they want the best for themselves and their unborn children, however America is not always the answer.  There are so many immigrants found in America today that do not have the opportunities that they believe they would have once they reach the country.  I think they would live better lives if they continued to live in their homelands rather than here.

Source: Stolen Babies? Immigrant Mother Loses Four Kids

1 comment:

  1. I have a quick post on this article -- the blog, however, is on family law matters. I am 2nd-gen USA, raised children in SF Bay area, but married a batterer, religious about it too. After he'd worked through me and was starting on dismantling the children's activities like he had my work & social life, in addition to, they were witnessing this growing up), I found the reserves and wherewithal to get him thrown out.

    My sister (local, childless) never forgave me, and with her husband almost immediately turned on me. years later, after fighting me through the courts for my OWN children, and with the father, they fronted for him, constantly, and were my only "natural" enemies (I have no criminal record, in fact worked as a musician, and no abuse or neglect; in fact I taught children's and adult choirs, etc., helped them with their activities, and never cut them off from their father (weekly visits, plus alternating holidays). Once he grabbed them, they were essentially gone, without remedy. It destroyed me, personally (ALMOST) which is why now I;m an advocate blogger, pushing 60 yrs old; the issues dragged out over more than 10 years post-divorce, and have outlived even both my own parents. Girls are "near but far" now, and both over 18, which somewhat -- but not enough -- lessens the amount of extortion my family wsa able to exercise over me. I cannot tell you what a nightmare this has been. . . . I network nationally and with dozens (over time, hundreds) of mothers and am able to encourage and support some of them. The family law system is corrupted by federal incentives to the states to prolong custody conflict and if possible nab children and stick them into the "system." People have been killed over this, including at least one judge, a Georgia senator and her wife, it is NASTY. Contact me if you will -- but I am just speeding by here. Plenty of info on my blog, which is 3 yrs old.

    I also have a post on there somewhere, something like "Cracking Down on Immigration, Locking Up Profits" on CCA and the privitization of prison industry; it has a lot on Arizona. I am a resource if you are interested in these matters.


    https://familycourtmatters.wordpress.com/
    (about to hit "Publish" on the Stolen Children" topic).

    ReplyDelete